Tuesday, 20 March 2012

#1 Carrying the "IITian" tag

Hello ppl....
my first blog post...and here it goes....

Two years of slogging, living away from home (or i put it this way "LIVING WITH BOOKS"), lots of sacrifices and some luck(don't know why, but somehow I have been lucky with exams since school days).....finally brought me to this place "IIT Madras" (considered to be one among the best colleges in the country, an awesome campus and moreover an awesome salary package at the end of 4 years)....so life comfortably settled eh??? or is it not???........
........
........

As mentioned above, I am from an "Indian Institute of Technology". I often wonder what is that I do that is related to "TECHNOLOGY". All that I do is attend some boring lectures and some useless practicals. From what I have observed only a few hundred students do some great stuff in technology and the remaining thousands of them just boast about it(yea..i am one among this thousands).

To me there are three kinds of people in this world, and trust me it is better not to meet any of them...

  1. People who know about IITs - For them you are an alien who has jumped from space. You are sure to be bombarded with questions like "How is IIT?...How is the acads curriculum?...How are the profs?....so much pressure at IIT eh?...etc etc"...You feel like saying "Man, even I don't care about them...what is your problem?"...
  2. People who don't know about IIT - The conversation goes as  "Which college are you from?"..."IIT "...."What is it? IT eh?? Where is it?"...You feel like "Man...I desevered more", you end up giving big explanations about IIT and finally this is what you get "Ok, but I would have suggested that you must have joined BITS/NIT/Anna univ or some other college...
  3. IIT aspirants - IIT embryos, with glasses on face, books in hand and a nerdy look(I can say this with confidence as I was one such guy a few years back)....this is the toughest type of people to meet. You are supposed to put tips to them on how to crack the IITJEE. Most of the time it turns out that he asks you a doubt and you are clueless about it....very embarrassing eh??
(NOTE: There were no girls in the list.For most of the IITians, girls are just imaginary characters and romance is some sort of fiction which appear only in movies. When friends from other colleges boasts of hot girlfriends, all that an IITian can do is give some political answers like "I am happily single" or "I haven't found a girl worthy enough of me"....again embarrassing eh...)

And it hurts when the people around you dream you of "conquering the world" and you are not sure if "its just gonna be a dream?". From being school topper to being an average( or may be below average) student in class is not that easy. Competing hard for each and everything just from mess registration to academics to a place in the sports team is not that fun either.

On the flip side, IIT is a place where probably you get to meet some great individuals. It is a place where you get to discover your hidden talents( and yea you also have the infrastructure to pursue it).
And finally, it is a place where you learn a lot of aspects in life which just can't be expressed in words.

So...carrying the "IITian" tag..."PEACEFUL" or "PAINFUL"
No comments on that.
You decide for yourselves.
But for sure...
The road to IIT and the road at IIT is a tough one, but not short of fun and enjoyment. 



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...